Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in the Mix

Back from a little break. Too much time in the digital world, needed to spend some time in analog mode for a few days. Actually been playing
a little music with some people; nice to get back behind the drumkit.

My Andreini Vaquero is done, and now I just have to get it down here.
I may head up to Santa Barbara and pick it up at the Beach House, or I may have Marc just send it down. I had a great 30 minute conversation with him regarding the specific origins of the Vaquero design. He's talked about it a bit in the short video he did on the Mollusk site, but it was great to hear the in-depth history. Of course Innermost Limits definitely had something to do with it. Marc is getting close to 60, but he talks about surfing, Greenough, films, etc. as if he's a super-stoked teenager. Inspiring.

Other than that, had a good time at the Gerry Lopez/Jock Sutherland talk at Patagonia. Some good imagery, good story, and a very solid crowd. Jock was a bit of a quiet-talker, but I was sitting in a spot where it wasn't a problem. Still, I think some people had a hard time picking up on a lot of it. Side note: Is it just me, or are the people at Patagonia Cardiff consistently some of the nicest people on the planet? I'm serious, always such a good vibe there. If any of you went, what did you think?

Been in work mode, looking forward to getting back in the water. Respect to my dad who did his stint in Vietnam. He's a good man.

5 comments:

FREERIDE said...

That board is so close yet so far. The wait is worth it. Surf oN Jdub

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. And you're right, so close yet so far indeed.

unidentified said...

This am on the cams cardiff looked very hullable!
These seasonal high tides are going to offer us hull babies a nice and empty time in the water at shortboard breaks. (being the 'shorty only' crowd will either not be in the water or suffering greatly!
Looking 4ward to pix and mabe a cardiff session or Uppers wit ya.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we should meet up for a surf if you ever get down this way. I'll send some pix as soon as I get the board.

brownfish said...

I agree with your assessment of the Cardiff Patagonia store. They have a great staff. No punk kids giving you attitude. Just good stuff and all stoked on surfing. Someday when the kids get a little more manageable I'll be able to start going to the cool slide shows they have every couple months. G