Monday, August 27, 2007

Post Numero Uno. Toby Numero Uno.



Starting with one from the days of more hair, I recently came across this picture from June 1990. This was the first custom Rich Pavel made me. It was an unreal surfboard. Big for a lot of people, but incredible for down-the-line sessions with the canard quad setup. Lots of fun Cliffs days and one very memorable dawn insertion at Malibu later that summer (smallish, but very fun). I was pretty blown away after my first session on this and can still remember the exact moment on the fourth or fifth wave when it all clicked. With all of the Pavel craze it's nice to recall walking in, ordering and seeing your board made that same day. My current order has been some serious tooth and nail action! I'll definitely post the outcome when it actually does happen. Yeah, I know.

4 comments:

J.P. said...

Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Damn, that's nice. What size?

jb said...

9'0"

Ian said...

I got my first Choice at around the same time. It was my first custom surfboard, I was about 11 years old.