Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clean







Nice quad shaped by Scott Henry. I have two boards that Scott made me during the past year, and I have to say they are two of the best boards I've ever had. Scott has been shaping for over 35 years. He is rooted in the past but dedicated to exploration and pushing design. He makes everything from modern shortboards to all kinds of funky mid-lengths, fishes and classic logs.

Another cat who is making beautiful boards is Erik Hakon Olson; many of you know him through the Breaks Selection blog. I haven't gotten a board from him yet, but that will have to change.

Don't want to preach to the choir, but let's always support the craftspeople who make surfing what it is.

5 comments:

Surfsister said...

My last new board was custom made by a local shaper. My next board will come from a shaper close to San Diego. Aside from the fact that staying with the little guy is the right thing to do, I can't seem to get what I want or need unless I have the board made for me.

jb said...

Yeah, it's so nice to work with a good shaper on a board built personally for you. It's a buzz to give them a basic idea of what I'm looking for and let them do the rest. I've never been disappointed.

6ftnperfect said...

I'm going to be shaping a 7'?" single fin egg based on a killer Scott Henry board I saw at Mitch's. If someone hadn't already had their Visa out, I might have had some explaining to do to the wife.

Anonymous said...

Clay, I will post the image of the egg he made me ASAP. I'm digital again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quad!!!