Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Truth and Soul: The Podcast



Not only an insanely good label and online record shop, but absolutely one of the best podcasts for soul/funk heads. Check the site and it will take you right to the podcast. The featured show from the above image is by DJ L Michel and features some obscure latin soul/funk gems. I also have to recommend show #7 with El Michels Affair playing live Wu-Tang cuts with full band and the MCs. This band is connected to the whole Daptone, Budos Band, Antibalas, Mighty Imperials, etc. scene. A lot of the same players. Check the feel on drummer Homer Steinweiss in this little live snippet. So nice.

5 comments:

unidentified said...

Good schtuff!!

jb said...

I thought you might dig it.

Patch said...

Yeah, good one!

Unknown said...

Hey, this is Homer here. I am in New Zealand with the Dap-Kings and I am just learning to surf. I'm pretty stoked to have my name on a surf blog. Thanks.

jb said...

What? Seriously, if it is you I'm really stoked you got here. Keep checking in!