Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wetsuit Update

Well, if you can believe it I'm still on the hunt. Things are looking less promising on the eco front at this time. As I mentioned, the Matuse suits are not cut for my type. No LT, and the XL is way too small. Patagonia was looking more and more inviting regardless of the price tag. Problem is, they haven't had any LT in stock for a while now. They aren't sure when they will be getting them and I guess there's a list of people who want them. The new Patagonia suit won't be available for at least another month and I won't be able to wait that long. With only a long-sleeve spring right now, I've been surfing less as it is. I get most of my surf time in the morning and it has been less and less inviting without a fullsuit.

So, I will most likely break down this weekend and go out to find the best possible option. Still open to suggestions. Hope you're all warm and getting waves.

4 comments:

MR said...

Have you looked into Boz Wetsuits? I went ahead and ordered the 4/3 Thermo Boss. They use the Yamamoto rubber. The downside is that the company is in San Diego so I couldn't try it on before I bought it. But it fits really well and I have to say it's the most comfortable suit I ever worn. The price is right and it was at my door within a few days. I found out about the from a friend and I don’t know why more people up here wear them. www.bozwetsuits.com

Anonymous said...

I just called for an appointment. Thanks, mr! Looks promising indeed. How has this not been on my radar being in San Diego? I've seen them in passing, but had no idea they were here.

unidentified said...

The Boz suits are supposed to be good but i would hang for the Pat suit!
I got one coming via my inner sanctum
connect but mid Nov is when they say they will be in stores.
boz has some nutty colors as well.
luck 2 ya
s

6ftnperfect said...

damn, wish I would have known about those Boz suits before pulling the trigger on the O'Neill (though I surfed in it this morning and the fit is just right). I put my name on that list for an LT Patagonia so if they call me, I'll tell them to give it to you. On second thought...