Friday, October 5, 2007

I Know You Got Soul



Check funk45.com for some Friday listening enjoyment. There are a bunch of 1 minute snippets of very rare soul 45's. You'll need Real Player which you can download for free here. And for your viewing pleasure, check out this visit with the Daptone Records studio. Um, yeah...it's from MTV?! Whaaaaat? I guess it's the Amy Winehouse deal. At least the Dap Kings are getting some due respect for what they've been up to. Still, I'll take Sharon Jones over Amy Winehouse any day of the week.
I found the clip on the Daptone site, not MTV. I can't hang with MTV.

Lastly, if you ask me, this is the best link of the bunch. Homer Steinweiss is the drummer behind much of the Daptone happenings.
Be sure to check the music and the art section.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

How am I supposed to get anything done now?!
Take this-> http://wfmu.org/playlists/SV
Hazah, touche!

...and make sure to scroll down & check out the Daptones playlist from March 2.

Anonymous said...

Damn, you aren't messin' around. Time to put the headphones on; thanks!

Surfsister said...

Thanks for introducing me to funk45.com!! I'm lovin' that. One of the only good memories I have from law school was externing at the City Attorney's office. One of the other externs and I, for some reason, got stuck on doing funky 70's guitar licks as background music as we walked around the halls. We'd walk together and one of us would break out with a funky lick (emulating the horrible 70's TV shows and the music they used to suggest that you were watching an action scene). Obviously, I was (and am) too fun-loving to be an attorney.

jb said...

Glad you checked it out. And yes, you do seem to be too fun-loving to be an attorney.